Population Health Management
Our population health management services assist practices in many ways:
- Changing care processes
- Leveraging technology to improve quality of care
- Adopting patient-centered care
- Facilitating care management and care coordination for high-risk patients
Every service is designed to optimize and augment clinical functions through on-site support.
At Medical Advantage Group, we focus on population health management services delivered within medical practices. Since no physician practice has the same needs, our consultants work side-by-side with every client. We spend time in the practice with physicians and care teams to understand culture, technologies and work flow processes to achieve successful care delivery transformation.
Our process involves developing a robust understanding of the current capabilities of the practice enabling us to develop a unique road map for successful transformation. Whether your practice strives for NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition or desires to improve quality of care for high-risk or transitions of care patients, we will have – or create – the right solution.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
Our team of NCQA PCMH Certified Content Experts (NCQA PCMH CCE) provides comprehensive support for practices pursuing NCQA PCMH™ Recognition, including:
- Administration of a readiness assessment
- Recommendations for improvement
- Assistance developing policies and protocols
- Final review and application submission support.
We also impart strategies for sustaining operational changes over the course of the new PCMH model being adopted and fully implemented by the practice.
Medical Advantage Group has successfully guided many practices to completion of single and multi-site applications, due in part to our coaching services:
- Telephonic or onsite consultation
- Workshops and learning collaborative events
To promote local and regional capacity while fostering sustainability, we also provide train-the-trainer services that focus on building skills for future practice coaches.
Clinical Performance Improvement Consultation
Medical Advantage Group helps physicians and care teams deliver enhanced performance through operational excellence. We have a proven track record of engaging physicians and practices to increase patient quality of care, increase the overall health of populations in the community, and decrease unnecessary costs.
We realize that no two physicians or practices are alike. We also understand the challenges physicians and practices face when managing multiple payer demands and contracts. That’s why our approach is personal and directed at optimizing physician performance in pay-for-performance programs and contracts.
As an independent trusted advisor, our consultants are adept at analyzing payer demands, contracts and aligning performance requirements to deliver a personalized and focused approach to clinical performance improvement. Our team members meet on-site with physicians and care teams to:
- Review quality, utilization and cost data
- Identify strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Recommend an action plan for improvement
- Provide educational resources
- Advise on work flow changes to support data collection and maintenance
- Analyze practice technologies and billing and coding procedures to assure they appropriately capture services and support data collection to meet payer or contract requirements
Our clinical performance improvement consultation services give physicians and practices the vital insight and tools to maximize quality of care, decrease costs and increase health of populations – all vital to achieving success in value-based contracts.