What we do
CIPA creates the opportunity for small groups of physicians to join a physician organization and participate in pay-for-performance programs and value-based contracts that are normally only available to larger groups. Members include individual practices, group practices, rural health clinics, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and physician hospital organizations.
Medical Advantage provides the infrastructure support to CIPA members. Established in 1996, Medical Advantage facilitates practice transformation through technology implementation and optimization, revenue cycle management, Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) education, clinical measures performance optimization, population health management, HIPAA privacy and security compliance, group purchasing, and more. Through Medical Advantage, CIPA members gain expert advisors that provide personal assistance in transforming their practice for new care delivery and payment models.
CIPA, a physician organization, helps physicians maximize revenue opportunities in value-driven health care contracts.To date, CIPA members have earned more than $70 million in additional revenue through fee schedule increases and financial incentives from participation in value-based contracts.
- Maintain practice of independent medicine and maintain full control over financial health of practice
- Assistance with practice compliance with the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA)
- Access to full service support for business and clinical operations
- Value-based contracts (expert negotiation and implementation assistance)
- Discounted medical malpractice insurance
- Robust centralized knowledge library of tools, best practices and education
Working within any size practice, we will bring insight, knowledge, and expertise right to you, while empowering you to provide better care. Our goal is to help you advance practice transformation activities with current incentive and reporting programs, and maximize incentive opportunities in value-driven health care contracts.
As a valued member of CIPA, you gain access to a variety of services that support practice transition to value-based health care. Benefits accruing to members include:
- Group Purchasing MarketPlace – Discounts on products and services that you already use. As our membership expands, so do your savings.
- Clinical Quality Measure Performance Optimization – Denied claims or under billing impacting practice revenue? We can improve your billing accuracy and improve quality of care resulting in increased reimbursement.
- EHR Selection, Implementation and Optimization – We work at your practice to help you select and implement the best EHR then optimize to assure it collects the right data so you can comply with Federal, State and health plan requirements.
- Revenue Cycle Management – Expert team that works in your practice to streamline workflows, reduce denials, and ensure faster claims processing, leading to improved operational efficiency, increased cost flow, and payer performance.
- Value-based Contracts – Increase practice revenue via increases in fee schedule, performance incentives and more. As our membership expands, so do the number of contracting opportunities and programs that you can participate in. We will help prepare you for upcoming changes in physician reimbursement.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) – Transform to a PCMH with full support. Hands-on practice consultants will work on-site to help you get to the next level and ensure you are well-positioned to be rewarded for your transformation efforts.
Independence means different things to different practices. At its core, staying independent means deciding your destiny and driving the course of your future.
When you join CIPA, our goal is to give you all the benefits of integration without consolidation.
CIPA membership gives you access to vital business and clinical support services that help advance and sustain the practice of independent medicine.
You are not alone in this journey. Your practice will have a dedicated practice partner that works with you to help navigate and manage practice transformation activities. As your practice transforms, CIPA will continue to grow and work to negotiate value-based contracts that reward physicians for their practice transformation efforts.